- Remy still uses a binky...but not for long! The Baba (pacifier) Fairy is coming and she's going to leave Remy a very noisy toy helicopter in exchange for a bucket full of binkies. Say a prayer for us!
- We are doting on Remy these days while he is still an only child. It's so hard to imagine that soon we will all be sharing our lives and our love with a new baby. It's a little scary, but I think Remy is as ready as a nearly-four year old can be!
- Remy's refusal to wear short sleeve shirts has been overcome. The key, as usual, was bribery! He wore a short sleeve shirt to school and came home to a new Optimus Prime (see pic below.) The next day when we went to put him in short sleeves he dredged up the tears and asked in his most pitiful voice "transformer?" (Or maybe he said "robot?") He's so onto us.
- Remy is losing his fingernails. It's a gruesome after effect of his encounter with Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease last month. He is taking it a lot better than I would. He occasionally asks for a band-aid but five minutes later decides that the band-aid is bigger pain in the butt than the warped, dangling fingernail.
- Remy's favorite show these days is The Magic Schoolbus.
- His favorite reward to get at school is a shiny, beaded necklace. We have a truly impressive collection.
- His favorite books at the moment are Hotwheels early readers.
- His favorite toys are Rescue Bots and Hotwheels.
- Favorite foods: Eggo waffles, Kraft Mac & Cheese, Taco Bell or Cafe Rio quesadillas.
- Current catch phrase: "I a baby! Goo-goo, gaa-gaa!"
Friday, April 18, 2014
Friday, April 11, 2014
After a month on bed rest I wasn't prepared for how HARD everything would be once it was over - my stamina was shot and even my muscle tone had suffered. Add to that the fact that the contractions might leave me alone for a day, but always come back again, and I was feeling quite emotional and overwhelmed when I hit 36 weeks. Fortunately, Steph had a window of time open in her schedule before her next shoot and was able to come out and distract, commiserate, help, motivate, and cheer me on. She had to leave yesterday but I am that much closer to the end of this journey and am so thankful for her help along the way! (Here are some pics from the visit that I stole from her fb page.)