Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Dust is Settling

The last entry (the pictures of South Haven that those of you who still stop by have had to look at for months and months) was posted the weekend that Ross and I got engaged. That weekend was the beginning of a whirlwind that is just finally subsiding. Maybe in a future entry I'll tell you about all that craziness, but right now I want to update everybody on where we are at now.

Ross and I were married a month ago yesterday! The ceremony and reception were perfect and so much more than I was expecting. I'm not a party person, and definitely not a standing up in front of a hundred people person, but I'm so glad now that we had the wedding we had, I will cherish the memories forever.



Since our honeymoon had to be scheduled for the 29th, two weeks after the wedding, we spent the next couple of days at the bridal suite at the Holiday Inn in Elgin. We were close enough to my apartment that we could visit the kitties but still feel like we were on a bit of a holiday. It was a deliriously happy couple of days. And then it was time to get ready for the big move!

Ross bought a house in Lombard in February. It was a foreclosed home that had been empty for most of two years and he was able to haggle a great price on it. It is a 1940's cape cod style home with three bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths. Hehe, that makes it sound grander than it is! The rooms are all smallish. It has a cottagey feel that makes you feel at home right away.



Ross was all moved in before the wedding, so it really did feel more like his house than ours, but as soon as I got the cats and my books moved in it felt like my hom too. My favorite room is my office. It has a little half bath and lots of nooks and crannies. I have a special closet just for my art stuff, which is so much better than having some of it in the kitchen and some of it in the living room and some of it in the bedroom like I did at the apartment. I can't wait to start painting again!

Anyway, after the big move it was time for the honeymoon! Ross's grandmother, Geri, has a timeshare in Los Cabos and she let us use it for our honeymoon. Thank you, thank you, thank you Geri! It was beyond belief. Everything was SO beautiful and SO perfect that I felt like it was an elaborate movie set, it couldn't possibly be real.



We had a magical week in Los Cabos and I'll have to do another post just to tell you about all the fun thins we saw and did while we were there.

Early on the 6th we got back into town and got to work settling into our new life together. I still accidentally call Ross my boyfriend sometimes, and I take my wedding ring off to do the dishes and forget to put it back on, but the married thing is sinking in one day at a time.

3 comments:

Crystal Starr said...

Love you Kimmy! I'm glad you're blogging again. I've slowed down a lot too but have been thinking I should blog more lately.

My husband is in Seattle and I miss him like crazy. It's going to be a long couple of days.....

Friar Tuck said...

Good to hear from you.

I forget to put my ring back on too. I take it off when I come in the house and put it on the key rack. That helps.

What gifts did you get too many of?

janettsue said...

So good to see a new blog! I hope he will always be your boyfriend as well as so much more. Love you both!