Here is my list of the top ten things (in no particular order) I'm looking forward to this summer:
1. Morning reading. I've already started doing this and it's my favorite part of the day. I grab a cup of tea and a toaster strudel and then the cats and I go out there sit in the shade of the porch, surrounded by the hum of distant lawn mowers and the twitter of birds. ((((sigh)))
2. Camp Kanuga. Now that I'm a Cangelosi I'm invited to the family reunion out in North Carolina at Camp Kanuga. Mountain waterfalls and hiking and morning crafting classes...I can't wait!
3. 30th Birthday. Yup. It's been looming for such a long time, it will be great to get it over with. And as long as I don't instantly add 15 lbs or lose half my hair I will consider it a happy birthday.
4. The X-Files movie. Once a geek always a geek. I'm looking forward to seeing my old pals Mulder and Scully, and probably cursing the name of Chris Carter for his general clueless-ness.
5. Bicycling. As soon as I realized that we had bought a house two blocks from the bike path I knew I had to buy a bike and get out there. I spent countless hours on the bike path when I was a kid. Now I've got the bike and I am determined to make the most of the path this summer.
6. Neil Diamond concert. Mama has always been a huge Neil Diamond fan so I grew up dancing in my socks to his music. In late July Mama, Dad, Steph and I will be rocking our faces off to Cherry, Cherry.
7. Painting. I can't talk about it too much, don't want to jinx it.
8. The Return of Rose on Doctor Who! I was falling in love with Ross at the same time that Rose and the Doctor were dancing their way though the London Blitz. It was a wonderful time to be alive ;P So I have a soft spot for Rose and I feel bad that things worked out so badly for her when they worked out so well for me. She was sucked into an alternate universe, you know, no Doctor. Now she's coming back and even if it is only for a couple of weeks I'm giddy about it.
9. Being Married. Never been married during summer before!
10. Home Improvements. Having a house is like having a gigantic canvas to work with. There are an infinite number of ways that we can put our stamp on this little corner of the world. I can't wait to see what we do with it this summer.
So that's my list. I'd love to hear what y'all are looking forward to!