- Remy loves Wheels on the Bus. He can do the hand motions for four of the verses and if you even say the word "song" he will jump right in with the "round and round" motions!
- Remy's behavioral counselor has started him on a notebook of skills to learn and he is cruising right down the list. Most recently he has learned how to give me things when I ask for them.
- The therapists in Remy's playgroup are very impressed with him. He has better eye contact and better pointing than any of the other kids in the group.
- Remy is giving up his binky! Not cold turkey, but he now goes hours without it and is fine. He doesn't use it or his blanky at all in playgroup and now he has even stopped taking them to Sunday School. Such a big boy!
- I bought Remy a baby doll named Bob. Remy loves to give Bob a drink from his cup and to brush his non-existent hair but best of all is when Bob chases Remy around the house while I shout "Bob's gonna get you!" Remy laughs so hard he cries!
- Ross played at church last weekend after a pretty long break. He sounded awesome. He is a great artist, but sometimes I think his drumming moves me even more than his painting and drawings do. I hope Remy gets his musical talent!
- I signed up for a Dahn Yoga session. If I like it I am going to try to go twice a week! I first learned a little yoga from my physical therapist in 2003-2004 and it was such a relief and a pleasure to me, I am super excited to learn more yoga!
- Had a colonoscopy last week. It was not fun. It was hard to drink the laxative and, don't tell the doctor, but I didn't finish it. When I woke up there was a note from the doctor saying I had diverticulosis and gastric erosions, which he biopsied. That's all I know for now, my follow-up with him is scheduled for 6/11.
- We bought our tickets for our July 4th trip to Raleigh. We're going to fly in on the 4th and then rent a car and drive up the lake house to celebrate Ross's Dad's birthday. I think the whole family is going to be there, even Granddad Bates. Remy is going to love swimming and going on the boat. We'll stay 5 nights and fly back on the 9th.
Some pics from the last week: