Saturday, March 30, 2013

5 Years!

On March 15th we celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary. In a wonderful turn of events, my sister Valerie, who was a matron of honor in the wedding and who I hadn't seen since that day, was in town that week and we all went for a wonderful lunch at the Yard House and a trip to Red Rock Canyon.

Thinking back on my wedding day the first thing I remember is just the delirious happiness I felt. I have never smiled so much in my life as I did on that day! Our wedding ceremony and reception were held in the Elgin rec center, but to me it might as well have been a ballroom at the Ritz, it all felt so magnificent. The decorative cake utensils from Walmart gleamed like freshly polished silver, the centerpieces constructed from beaded wire we found at Michaels glittered and gleamed as if enchanted by fairies, instead of the regular shyness I usually feel with people, a kind of sweet love seemed to flow back and forth and swirl around the room.  I don't know what other people who were there experienced, but to me it was truly a blessed day.

No comments: