- Sharing Ross's Gumbo (if it wasn't Gumbo it was a lot like it!) and a glass of Riesling at the Oyster Bar.
- Breakfast with Mommo and Poppo at Grand Cafe - excellent pancakes and coffee!
- Snagging some good deals on school clothes for Remy at the Gymboree in the cute little shopping area next to the hotel.
- The view from our window! Mountains, city lights, and the highway curving gracefully to the West.
- Having nothing to do but lounge by the pool with a good book while Ross played with Remy (and every other kid in the pool.)
- That we were there during on off week and never felt crowded (except the five minutes we spent in line for the buffet, we said screw this and went to the deli instead.)
- The smell of the GVR shower gel - citrusy and herby. I think they make it onsite at the spa and it brings back memories of our previous stays.
- Seeing Remy down a giant slice of cheese pizza by himself. He's eating like a big boy these days.
- The fact that Mommo and Poppo were there to enjoy it with us. The more generations the merrier!
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Green Valley Ranch Stay-cation
I think we may have a real family tradition going here! In May we had our third stay at Green Valley Ranch Resort and Casino just 30 minutes from home. The beautiful "backyard" area makes it a much more restful and family friendly destination than you usually think of when you think Las Vegas. It was our best vacation experience with Remy by far. We started preparing him for it a couple of weeks in advance; showing him pictures, explaining to him that he would be sleeping at the hotel, reminding him how to act at a restaurant, etc. It paid off. He slept well all three nights, he was (mostly) a champ at the restaurants, he loved the pool, and he is already talking about going back!
My favorite parts: