Friday, February 28, 2014

Rainy Mornings in Vegas

We've woken up to a couple of drippy, overcast mornings. A couple is perfect - a novelty in the ubiquitous dryness of the Southwest. The trees perk up, the dust washes away, and Remy gets to splash in puddles.





In other news, I had an ultrasound yesterday. I hoped that we would find that Beau was done with his extraordinary growth spurt (a four month long "spurt"). Not so. A month ago he was almost two weeks ahead of his projected growth and now he is almost three weeks ahead, and they estimate his weight at over 5 lbs. To weigh 5 lbs at 31 weeks gestational age is pretty remarkable. I have been nervous ever since my OB mentioned that sometimes big babies warrant a c-section but my wonderful online friends have been reassuring me that their big babies were not so hard to deliver. So breathing deep (figuratively speaking - there is no deep breathing with a 5 lb. baby under your ribs) and just giving thanks for my big healthy boy! Just eight weeks to go!

No comments: