Friday, June 16, 2006

Et tu, Billie Piper?

I just stumbled across this horrifying news:

Billie Piper to
leave Doctor Who (BBC)

Actress Billie Piper is to leave Doctor Who at the end of the current series, the BBC has confirmed.

But the corporation refused to comment on reports that her character, Rose Tyler, would die in the final episode.

"It has been an amazing adventure and I can confirm it comes to an end, for now at least, as series two climaxes," the former pop star said.

Writer Russell T Davies said the Doctor Who team had created "a stunning exit" for Piper's character.

"The Doctor Who team have had a whole year to plan this final scene," he said.

"We will miss Billie and wish her all the success in the world for her future."

Piper, 23, is currently filming a BBC adaptation of Philip Pullman's Victorian thriller The Ruby in the Smoke.

"Rose and I have gone on the most incredible journey over the past two years," she said.

"I am truly indebted to Russell and to all the Doctor Who fans old and new who have been so supportive."

It's only been about a month since I found out Christopher Eccelston didn't come back for season two and now this?! My poor heart can't take much more! Anyway, here's one of my favorite Rose fanvids. For the record, I am not an Avril Lavigne fan, but Rose is just a kid, so I imagine she might be. This song is just about perfect for her. I'm getting sad just thinking about it...

1 comment:

Steph Stanger said...

This is the Blog formerly known as Kims blog now it is known as the random and sparce Doctor Who blog...stop being a boob Kim!