Thursday, June 22, 2006

Entertainment News for Geeks

When I read back in Feb. that Anderson was in talks with Duchovny and Carter I wasn't holding my breath, but things actually seem to be heading in the right direction. We'll see!

X-Files’ Movie Given Green Light

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson have both signed on to star in the second X-Files feature film.

The movie will pick up four years after the 2002 finale that left agents Mulder and Scully on the run from the FBI.

Executive producer Frank Spotnitz claims the script is nearly finished, saying, "We've worked out most of the plot." He claims the sequel will be light on mythology, adding, "It's very liberating to be freed of that."

The film will begin shooting after X-Files creator Chris Carter and 20th Century Fox settle a lawsuit over syndication profits.


Back to the Futurama

At least 13 new episodes will be made for US station Comedy Central by 2008
This is completely different from what we were hearing back in January, but it's still good news.

And remember the news I posted last week about Billie Piper leaving Doctor Who? Well, she's signed to play, brace yourselves, FANNY PRICE. Jane Austen's Fanny Price. Mousy, prudish little Fanny Price being played by the actress some call the Marilyn Monroe of the UK. That's going to be interesting!

Thanks to Cyberman last battle for Rose for the news.

3 comments:

Steph Stanger said...

Not my kinda thing but I'm excited for you! I remember your affection for Mulder well. Remember the David Duchovny song...thats some good stuff right there!

Friar Tuck said...

I wonder what they mean by light on the mythology stuff.

I loved XFILES, but stopped watching when that other boring guy teamed up with Scully.

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

Hi Clint! "Mythology" is what they call all that complicated back-story that the X-Files had going on, stuff having to do with Samantha and CSM and the alien virus/black oil and I don't even remember what.