Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's Cold!

I'm assuming that blogging has slowed down so much out there because blogging requires typing, which requires extending your arms, and you'd rather keep your arms tucked tightly at your sides where they are doing valuable work as insulation against the cold. Am I right?

Fortunately, I've got my layers going at the moment so I'm going to try to update my blog, quickly, before my fingers get stiff from the chill in the air.

The job search continues. Everyday Ross tells me about a new job in yet another city, never around here. It looks like the best case scenario at this point involves selling the house we just bought last February and moving away from family and friends. As much as I would hate to move, I am more afraid of staying here and trying to stick out a recession some are saying is going to last another year or two, waiting for a job that never materializes.

As I begin to come to terms with the fact that a move may be immanent I've started looking at my house differently - seeing the things that would be a turn-off to a potential buyers (oh, so many things!) and mentally sorting belongings into lists of stuff worth keeping and stuff I should never have bothered to move into this house in the first place.

The cooking thing is going pretty well. For the first time in my life I think I may be getting the recommended allowances of fish, fruits, whole grains and vegetables (not by any fault of my parents but just because I've always been such a fickle eater.) This has not translated into amazing weight loss (just the 5lbs I gained over the holidays) but I am feeling healthier and have even had some energy for exercise.

Thanks to the awful weather and my related Fibromyalgia issues we didn't make it to church this weekend :( We did, however, take advantage of the Willow Media Player and watched the sermon from home. Willow is doing a series called "Families at their Best" and it has really got Ross and I talking about what kind of family we want to build together.

Tomorrow they are predicting a high of 0 with a windchill of -30 here in Chicagoland. Not good for Fibromyalgia, but excellent for home improvement projects and snuggle time.

2 comments:

Andy said...

I'd hate for you to leave town, but if the truth be known, I think you and Ross are happily sufficient unto yourselves. I would worry more about any of the children being far away.

You should however negotiate home visit plans with Ross before you go anywhere, in case you are too far away for Mom and I to drive to see you in 2 1/2 days.

Ed said...

Hi Kimberly,

I found your blog by accident. We've never met and I never blog, but I'm also seeking work. It's really difficult in these times.

I've been attending Willow Creek for 21 years. It would be nice to talk with you and Ross sometime. I live in Palatine.

Ed

Your entry:
The job search continues. Everyday Ross tells me about a new job in yet another city, never around here. It looks like the best case scenario at this point involves selling the house we just bought last February and moving away from family and friends. As much as I would hate to move, I am more afraid of staying here and trying to stick out a recession some are saying is going to last another year or two, waiting for a job that never materializes.