I attempted yesterday to bake cookies, unsupervised. Nothing fancy, just good old fashioned chocolate chip cookies. But before I'd even pulled out a cookie sheet, I ruined the first batch. I was trying to follow the directions, but for some reason (ahem, pregnancy) I'm finding that there is often a discrepancy between the black and white words on the page and what my brain decides they are saying. So after taking a minute to calculate a smaller batch (because I had already wasted a butt load of flower and sugar) I started over, and this time I got it right. At least, I think so. They are edible, anyway.