Thursday, August 05, 2010

Best of July


I think July is my favorite month of the year. It has blue skies and sunshine, a major holiday, parties, swimming, family time, and my birthday. If you are going to do something fun in any given summer, you are usually going to do it in July. This year will go down in my personal history as one of the best Julys ever because it was little Remy's first. As the summer-fatigue and relative boredom of August set in, I'm thankful for all the best moments of another fabulous July.
  • Watching Mally and Owen splash around the pool with their dad after dark.
  • Remy's first picnic, on Mount Charleston under the fragrant pine trees.
  • At Wheel of Fortune, simultaneously amused and annoyed as Ross tried to make funny faces for the camera.
  • Remy's very first visit to church.
  • Sitting on the balcony with Ross after the hot Vegas sun has gone down and talking about our days and our plans.
  • Ross, Mark and Mally playing Castle Crashers on the XBox.
  • Ross taking me to Barnes & Noble and buying me a nook for my birthday.
  • Spending time with the brilliant and beautiful Stephy.
  • Standing at the edge of the apartment complex and watching fireworks explode all across the valley with my son sleeping in my arms.

No comments: