Remy turned 3 months old last week! He has gotten very good with his hands, now that I've freed them from the mittens. He likes to cup the top of his head in his hand and stroke his chubby little cheeks while he sleeps. He doesn't appear to be a thumb sucker, but he likes to chew on his fist while drool runs down his front, and he will often jab his fingers into this mouth and look alarmed. He also likes to grab onto his lion toy and pull it to his face, then push it away, then pull it back. Then he'll jab a lion limb in his mouth and look alarmed.
He's become much more attuned to noises. Gone are the days when we could blare the tv, run the dishwasher and have a lively conversation while he slept peacefully a few feet away. As for noises he likes - my singing (he's the only one) and just about any noise that his daddy makes. He is beginning to realize just how entertaining a daddy he has.
Some of the things that make Remy laugh:
- the sound of his daddy's voice
- getting in and out of his clothes (especially when his shirt gets stuck on his head)
- his dreams, whatever the heck they are about
- having his cheeks or his tummy rubbed
- hearing other people laugh
- waking up in the morning
- getting kisses from his toy lion
- seeing his mommy holding him in the mirror