Friday, January 10, 2014

A Good Week

It's been a busy week in the Cangelosi home. Remy loved being back at school, and he did a phenomenal job wearing his undies and using the toilet. This dream of having him potty trained by the time Beau comes seems to be coming true! 

I have continued with my mission to "focus" in 2014 by cleaning and organizing some of the problem areas in the house, particularly all the mail and school work that had accumulated in the kitchen. I tossed half a garbage bag of junk, cleared off several feet of counter space, and next I want to move my HQ to the unused built-in desk in the loft upstairs. I resisted for a long time because it was too far from the living room and I wouldn't be able to see Remy, but now that he is at school 5 days a week I think it will be okay. And as for Beau, until he learns to crawl, he has to go where I bring him, muhahaha! (First time parents don't fully comprehend what a precious gift that early immobility is!)  

I've also been busying trying new winter-time recipes. The first was a crock pot curry that turned out a little too spicy but was otherwise pretty darn satisfying, and the second was a hamburger soup that I, personally, loved.  Having enough energy to cook is AWESOME. Long live the second trimester!



Speaking of the second trimester, I'm becoming convinced that Beau is some kind of giant. I will be just 25 weeks along on Saturday, but when this kid shifts his weight I practically lose my balance. Well, not quite, but he is a force to be reckoned with. When I lie on  my side in bed he starts knocking against the mattress like he is trying to kung-fu kick it into submission. This morning he was leaping about so much in the doctor's waiting room that I had to cover my belly with two hands so that people wouldn't be alarmed by my large, spastic belly.  I can't wait to meet this kid!

Temperatures continue to rise into the 60s almost every day so I'm hoping we'll get a chance to spend sometime outdoors as family this weekend, but other then that we don't really have any plans. Maybe church, maybe a trip to Hobby Lobby to get some fabric for my curtain project.  We'll see what happens! 


No comments: