- Free Falling - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (Greatest Hits)
- Little Daughter - T. Bone Burnett (T. Bone Burnett)
- Sing - Jars of Clay (Who We Are Instead)
- Tempted - Squeeze (Picadilly Collection)
- Jacqueline - Franz Ferdinand (Franz Ferdinand)
- Home - Hothouse Flowers (Home)
- Til The Day I Die - Third Day (Wire)
- Tornado - Sara Groves (All Right Here)
- All Creatures of Our God and King - David Crowder Band (Can You Hear Us?)
- Thing Called Love - John Hiatt (Bring the Family)
One of the bright spots of last week (week of the closing from HELL) was discovering that my old Hothouse Flowers CDs (which look like they've spent a wild night with a brillo pad) play in my desktop's disc player. So I got all nostalgic loading them into the computer and pulled out a box of old CD's to see what other treasures lay forgotten in the closet. Stroke 9? Eve 6? Creed? Savage Garden? What the....!?
It was like listening to old mix tapes - that's always a revelation.
No Vigilantes on this list...otherwise it's pretty good. I love John Hiatt...Jars of Clay's Who We Are Instead is their best since the debut... "Home" is perfect for those blue days.
Now my spinning head is slowly slowing down
At least my lonely bed is in my favourite town
I guess that would be Elgin. We do have have a kick ass library (currenlty filled to overflowing with plaster dinosaurs.) I checked out some John Hiatt, Steve Earle, Buddy Miller, and Sufjan Stevens CDs today. And bought a used copy of Presumption of Death.