Friday, December 30, 2005

Friday's Random Ten- Comin' Out of the Closet

I have a confession to make - I've been cheating on my shuffles. I've been excluding the classical category. I did it for two reasons - 1) classical music is not meant to be listened to on shuffle and 2) folks who listen to classical music are supposed to be smart and cultured but I'm not. Why am I coming out of the closet now? Because I've started using i-tunes instead of my old media player and I'm too lazy to go through and divide everything up. Here you have it, a true shuffle:

  1. Coming Back - Delirious? (The Cutting Edge)
  2. Tempest - Vigilantes of Love (V.O.L.)
  3. Pride - Delirious? (In the Name of Love)
  4. Rex Tremendae - Mozart (Requiem)
  5. Sweet Marie - Hothouse Flowers (Home)
  6. Concerto in A minor - Robert Schumann (Schumann: London Symphony)
  7. I Turn Everything Over - Switchfoot (New Way to be Human)
  8. Bad Time - Jayhawks (Tomorrow the Green Grass)
  9. Adagio Molto E Cantibile - Beethoven (Symphony No 9)
  10. You are the Sun - Sara Groves (Add to the Beauty)
  • Song I Owned in Bootleg Form Back in my Wilder Days - #1. Yup. It was '96 or '97 and Delerious? wasn't available in the US but my suitemate's boyfriend knew I loved U2 and sent a copy for me while he was on a mission trip in the UK. (How would you like that mission trip!?)
  • Best Van Morrison Impersonation - #5. Except for the lyrics - they are seriously awful!
  • Best Song - #2. And not just because it's the only Bill Mallonee on the list! It's a powder keg of a song.


1 comment:

Friar Tuck said...

Now here is a list where I dont know a song on it.