Sunday, February 26, 2006

'06 Conference Season Underway at Willow Creek Community Church!

When the smell of carpet shampoo is in the air and men wearing neck ties and backpacks are clustering in the least convenient places, you know it's conference time!


After Promiseland Steph and I went down to the auditorium to help get things ready. Since I quit stage managing at Impact a couple years ago my production expertise has shriveled down to hitting the space bar on Steph's Powerpoint presentations. That doesn't make me much of an asset in "the largest legitimate theater in North America." I was able to test some batteries and hold a flashlight while Justin and Patrick taped down chords. So, hypothetically, if Mac Powell doesn't trip on a cable during the concert tomorrow it might be because of my steady and capable use of a flashlight. All glory be to God (imagine me pointing heavenward.)


Tomorrow, in these chairs, there are going to be loads of hard working men and women who love teens and twenty-somethings deeply. If you think of it, please remember to pray that they have safe travels, come with open hearts, are provided with many oppurtunities to worship God, and receive love and service from our staff and volunteers. Oh yeah, and that they have some fun!

Thanks to Meyer Sound for the photo.

1 comment:

Friar Tuck said...

I love that you love your church and give so much to it.