Saturday, August 02, 2008

I Have Watched TMZ and People's Court and Made Myself Cheap and Vulgar

I'm finding that morning sickness and unemployment are a dangerous combination. In these early weeks of pregnancy I've adopted an indolence previously reserved only for the day after a good vacation or a bad car accident! Thoreau said you can't kill time without injuring eternity and that sounds plausible to me. I'm scared that Judge Mathis binges and You Tube browsing may be eating my soul!

The good news is that most of the stuff I've read predicts an uptick in energy around week 12, which isn't so far away. Until then I'll try to avoid glowing screens as much as possible. Oh, except for maybe to watch my new prenatal Yoga dvd :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Couldn't imagine watching that much TV. :o)
Okay, well back when I was in college I had a sizable tolerance for hours and hours of TV watching, especially if there was a good Law & Order or Real World marathon on.

I guess you should enjoy the leisure time while you still have it.

And to Ross... you better start believing it! :o)