- I lost 5 lbs! After watching my weight inch up the scale month after month it feels awesome to make some progress in the other direction! (Knock on wood.)
- I was transported to other worlds by the wonderful short stories of Ursula K. LeGuin. If you like short stories, you owe it to yourself to check out Changing Planes and Orsinian Tales.
- I sold my first ACEO painting on Etsy. In March I hope to paint a lot more of those trading card sized paintings and really stock up my shop.
- Mom had a very successful surgery and was released from the hospital with a great prognosis.
- I am getting some critical dental work (Dr. McCall said they should have taken pictures of my mouth as an example of why people should go to the dentist regularly) and when it is over I will have a healthier, stronger mouth than I have had in, oh, about a decade.
- Our Xbox 360 (from which all entertainment blessings flow) broke this month, creating a huge void in our home, but, after some finagling with the customer service people, it is now off in Microsoft world getting repaired FOR FREE!
- I finally finished learning how to play Le Cygne by C. Saint-Saens on the keyboard.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Steph and I were talking the other day and we had to agree that February has been a true crap-storm. (I am hoping that means that March will be mild and meek!) But in the midst of all the difficulties there have been some real bright spots.