Thursday, June 11, 2009

Planning a trip to Half-priced Books today. I have two giant plastic bags full of books to sell and a DVD box set we bought last time we were there and didn't realize until we got home that they had overcharged us for. The test will be to see if I can get out of the store without spending more than I get back for the books and the DVDs!

We've also got to go to Helzberg Diamonds to get the rings cleaned and inspected for the warranty. Blech. Maybe it's just me, but I really don't enjoy visiting former work places. When it's over, it's over. I just want to knock the dust off my shoes and move on. Instead I'm supposed to go in there every six months (yeah, right) and pray that I haven't forgotten names and personal details of people that I haven't really known in years. And I loved those people, when I was with them every day they felt like family to me, but now they are practically strangers. I'd rather just keep the fond old memories than replace them with new, awkward ones.

The weather is bad again here, but at least we got a really nice break from it yesterday. I went out to Elgin to visit the family and Steph and I took the boys to the park to enjoy the warmth and sunshine. We got to see deer, buffolos, baby ducks, fish and one lonely heron. Mally got to climb a tree and I got a blob of sap on my face. A good time was had by all.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Yup, yesterday was pretty nice. Today too, though coolish and breezy. Your visit with Mom lifted her spirits, and I enoyed seeing you, steffie and the boys.

Malachy enjoyed coming to the office as a temporary supervisor. He drew boxes on a piece of paper to use in evaluating Jose and me. "X" was unfavorable. Checks were favorable. We both got X'es for phone calls that lasted too long, then several checks for unspeccified performances which brought our over-all evaluation up to acceptable.

PS Mommy got the pirate hat off the roof:)