Monday, July 26, 2010

My Perpetually Shiny Sink


As of today I have completed the first 31 days (or babysteps) of Flylady, the famous home-improvement/self-improvement program that starts with a shiny sink. I am thoroughly hooked.

Maybe it's the sleep deprivation of being a new mom, or maybe it's because on my own I am such a hopeless procrastinator, but I love waking up every day with an email in my inbox telling me exactly what to do. It even reminds me to brush my hair and put my shoes on! That might make a more together woman feel like an idiot, but at the end of the day when the baby is asleep and I can look around at a tidy house with no laundry or dishes waiting for me, I feel a wave of peace, and I can go to sleep looking forward to the next day.

If it takes having a stranger instructing me when to vacuum my carpet or clean out my purse, then so be it. Flylady's wish is my command.

3 comments:

janettsue said...

Maybe you could be my don't flylady and send me and email everyday to tell me to sit and smell the roses.
I was hoping that at my age life might slow down.

I was getting use to visiting Remy once a month. I miss you guys!

Crystal Starr said...

Are you still enjoying Flylady? I remember when I first joined Choosing Home 6 years ago, she was all the rave. Jami is also a HUGE fan, and you can tell when you see her house. It's always neat and tidy and she even has lines in her carpets from vacuuming.

I also enjoy the peace that comes when the house is tidy and clean and look forward to the next day SO MUCH that it's hard for me to sleep. Seriously, I have the worst time falling asleep with the house is so clean, I just get too excited!

Today I have been vacuuming ALL morning with my new vacuum!! Which just so happens to be *your* old vacuum!! Lucky me!!!!!!!!!!! =))) I LOVE IT!!

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

Really? I'm so glad! It's designed for pet hair and I read reviews that said it worked better than a Dyson! We were having some problems with it, but hopefully Mamacakes got it all fixed up!

I'm going to go post about Flylady :)