Monday, April 25, 2011

Editing in Picnik

My husband has Photoshop on his computer, but his computer is in the office and I can't watch Remy has he toddles around the living in room from there, so I use an online photo editing service called Picnik. Most of the features are available for free, but for the premium tools you pay a small fee (Photoshop - $200, 1 year Picnik subscription, $25.) Anyway, I am trying to learn how to make the most of this service. It definitely has it's limitations, but I love how user friendly it is. Here is what I did this morning (click on the photo to see a higher res version):

Original

Edited without softened background.

Edited with softened background.


In the edited photos, I cloned the entire wall and the molding at its base from the small strip you see next to the door in the original. This was extremely tedious! If I had been using photoshop I believe I would have been able to clone the wall from another photo, one with a bigger sample. This would have been especially helpful with the molding, which it was impossible to create a realistic extension of. Still, I had a lot of fun and even with the wonky molding I like the edited picture much better!

1 comment:

Steph said...

WOW Kim, that is tedious! I hate cloning. Great job I am in awe!