Thursday, April 21, 2011

Yummy

Lemon poppy seed bread, a la Betty Crocker.
Cause I am fancy like that.

I heard one of the foody people on TV say that, as far as he was concerned, you can eat as much junk as you like as long as you make it yourself. I have been taking him up on that and snatching up easy to make baking products on my weekly grocery trips.

This particular box was for muffins, but there were instructions for adapting it for bread on the back. I think it involved just adding some extra flour and water. It turned out pretty good! Maybe not as moist as the stuff you get at the bakery, but I might have added a little too much flour. One of the best things about this product was the glaze that came with it! Even after slathering it all over the bread that was enough left over to make a lemon butter, if one so desired! Very generous of Betty!

1 comment:

The Skibbens said...

Mmmm I buy that bread too, the sweet glaze on it is so yummy!! =)