Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Dog Days of Summer



We haven't been to the park in over a month. It is just too hot! We could go in the morning when it is cooler, but that is my drink-three-cups-of-coffee-while-stumbling-around-cleaning-the-house-and-checking-the-blogs time and I think the world would end if I messed with that. I know when Mom and Dad get here we will have plenty of motivation to leave the air conditioned splendor of the apartment, but until then when I need some fresh air I just go out on the balcony for a few minutes. Thank God for whoever invented balconies!

Anyway, the balcony garden seems to be doing much better this summer. Part of that is due to a cooler summer (cooler being a relative term), and the other part is that I am a more conscientious waterer than I was when I had a newborn to care for. When plants are competing with the cutest baby in the world for your attention they don't fare so well.

My little pretties. The Rose Moss continue to bloom, even if the blooms are a little smaller and sparser.



No comments: