Saturday, July 21, 2012

House Hunt

On Saturday we met with our agent to kick off the house hunt and on Friday morning we put in our first offer. It was a bit whirl-wind but when inventory is low here and you find the right house you don't say, hey, let's see if it is still around in a week or two. By Friday night the sellers had agreed but it is a short sale so now the bank needs to okay it too. That is usually the big if in short sales. Luckily, this one had a bank approved short sale price set just about two weeks ago and that is exactly what we offered so they should say yes.

Not to get ahead of myself or anything, but here is some info about my maybe house:


  • It is on a street named Pink Cloud. How dreamy is that?
  • It has an in-ground pool and spa. I did a lot of soul searching about the pool issue and finally decided that I would kick myself if we didn't get one.  
  • It has a formal living room which opens to a  formal dining room all under cathedral ceilings. I am happy I will have room for my great grandparent's dining room table but I hope that it won't feel like eating dinner in a small gymnasium.  
  • It has a guest bedroom and bath downstairs off the garage for a little privacy. 
  • It has a sunken family room with a fireplace just off the kitchen where Remy will be able to hang out within my sight while I am cooking or doing dishes. 
  • The kitchen has a pantry and granite counter-tops and a breakfast nook. 
  • The architecture is typical of what you see out here and nothing like back home. I am a little unsure  how to decorate in this environment. 
  • The current window treatments are nightmarish and I hope the sellers will take them with them. Or at least burn them and send them to their eternal punishment before I move in.  
  • The backyard and master bedroom have a decent if not great view of the mountains. (I got a little spoiled with my apartment view.) 
  • The house is a couple of doors down from a cul-de-sac so it is a very nice, quite street.
So that is what is occupying all of our thoughts at the moment. Occasionally I remember to feed the cats or the child. I will let you know what happens! 

No comments: