Not to get ahead of myself or anything, but here is some info about my maybe house:
- It is on a street named Pink Cloud. How dreamy is that?
- It has an in-ground pool and spa. I did a lot of soul searching about the pool issue and finally decided that I would kick myself if we didn't get one.
- It has a formal living room which opens to a formal dining room all under cathedral ceilings. I am happy I will have room for my great grandparent's dining room table but I hope that it won't feel like eating dinner in a small gymnasium.
- It has a guest bedroom and bath downstairs off the garage for a little privacy.
- It has a sunken family room with a fireplace just off the kitchen where Remy will be able to hang out within my sight while I am cooking or doing dishes.
- The kitchen has a pantry and granite counter-tops and a breakfast nook.
- The architecture is typical of what you see out here and nothing like back home. I am a little unsure how to decorate in this environment.
- The current window treatments are nightmarish and I hope the sellers will take them with them. Or at least burn them and send them to their eternal punishment before I move in.
- The backyard and master bedroom have a decent if not great view of the mountains. (I got a little spoiled with my apartment view.)
- The house is a couple of doors down from a cul-de-sac so it is a very nice, quite street.
So that is what is occupying all of our thoughts at the moment. Occasionally I remember to feed the cats or the child. I will let you know what happens!