Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Rainy Morning



It's another rainy morning in what has been a surprisingly rainy July. I forget sometimes that this is only my third summer here and I don't yet have a read on what a "normal" monsoon season feels like. This one has been much wetter than last year and my fibromyalgia has been complaining. But the air smells so sweet and spicy, and it is such a treat to go out on the balcony in the mornings and feel a cool, dewy breeze blowing. It feels like just out of sight there may be a beautiful lake, little breeze tossed waves lapping the shore. (These are the fantasies living in the desert can evoke!)

Last night we met with our real estate agent again to look at a couple of houses. Because short sales have such a reputation for not working out, and because we found the Pink Cloud house so early in the search, we have been keeping our eyes open for plan b. Anyway, the houses we saw weren't that exciting but it was exciting to meet with Karen again and hear her say that she is quite sure we are going to get an approval on the Pink Cloud house, and SOON!  I needed to hear that. The waiting is driving me crazy and Ross keeps reminding me not to get my hopes up, but it is hard!

The other thing that is testing my patience is waiting for the Stanger's visit. October seems like such a long way off, but I am glad at least that we will have time to move into the new house before they get here. What an exciting fall it is going to be!

No comments: