Sunday, November 17, 2013

New Camera Lens

During my first trimester I not only stopped blogging but I also stopped taking photos. (I was exhausted! I did manage to watch a lot of Doc Martin.) Anyway, when I recently dug my camera gear back out I noticed that my 50mm f/1.8 wasn't performing well at all and on further inspection it appears that the autofocus feature on that lens has broken. It's only a $100 lens, made of plastic, and out of warranty, so sending it in for repair didn't make sense. Instead I did a little online shopping and found that the 40mm f/2.8 is a popular alternative. It's $50 more but has a sturdier construction, and because it shoots a little wider (sorry, I don't know the correct lingo) you don't feel so cramped using it indoors. This is big draw for me because I was having the hardest time fitting more than one person into the frame with my 50mm. I would back up and back up and then bang into a kitchen counte. So the 40mm arrived on Friday and I am loving it so far. Here is what it looks like and here are some of my first pictures with it (my camera is the Canon T3.)
It's small but much heavier than the 50mm f/1.8. I ordered mine from Amazon.





No comments: