Monday, March 06, 2006

Quotable Quotes

I couldn't think of anything interesting to say today so I thought I'd look for a Peter Wimsey quote because he is always interesting. This is the only quote I could find on the internet:


A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought.

How apropos!

Anyway, that got me thinking that there really ought to be more Wimsey quotes available on-line. Maybe I'll do the world a favor and go through the books with a highlighter so I can edify y'all with his wit and wisdom. So stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As someone who does just that (goes through my reading materials, copying the good quotes along the way) I've always appreciated the irony of quotations.

A few years ago I finally realized that the soundbite wasn't popularized by TV, but by people like Ben Franklin... still, a good quote will tell you what others might take pages to spit out.

What's the old Simpson's wisdom? "Brevity is ... wit."