Friday, April 21, 2006

Praying God's Word by Beth Moore - Chapter 8

This chapter is about food-related strongholds ("strongholds" is a term used here the way Paul uses in 2 Corinthians 10:4.) I'm going to add a new prayer everyday to this post, so if you are interested you can check back. The prayers are taken right out of scripture, so they apply to all sorts of situations, not just the "stronghold" of the week.

Day One:
Lord God, I acknowledge that it is for freedom that Christ has set me free. Your desire is for me to stand firm, then, and not let myself be burdened again by the yoke of slavery. (Gal. 5:1)


Day Two:
Help me, Lord, to take Your yoke upon me and learn from You, for You are gentle and humble in heart, and I will find rest for my soul. (Matt. 11:29)

Day Three:

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
(Psalm 139:23-24)



Day Four:
God, I am so thankfull that there is now no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus. If you do not condemn me, I have no right or place to condemn myself. Help me not to get caught up in a defeating cycle of self-condemnation. (Romans 8:1)


Day Five:

By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not where he was going. Lord, help me to be willing to follow You in obedience even when I'm not sure where I'm heading. (Heb. 11:8)



Day Six:
Father God, help me not to grieve, for your joy is my strength. (Neh. 8:10)

Day Seven:
Lord, I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I want to learn the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through You, Lord, for You give me strength. (Phil 4:12-13)

5 comments:

Dinger said...

This post is Right On Time for me--Thank you!

Crystal Starr said...

Kim, I did a blog post today from last night! I put it on the forum last night and I thought I would post it and I want to post my homework too if things don't get crazy with Emily. So hopefully I will get the HW done by Sunday?!?!?!

Crystal Starr said...

So is Steph going to do her homework...I wonder...?

Go rent Curb Your Enthusiam right now!

Mrs. D said...

Thank you for posting this!

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

Hi Jennifer, thanks for stopping by! I love the C.S. Lewis quote at your blog!