Monday, May 04, 2009

Monday

I've run into a snag with the Grapes and Pears still life. The shadowy side of the bowl is supposed to have a reflection of the pear in front of it and I just can't get it right. So I'm taking a little break from it and doing yard work instead.

I pulled our old fashioned push mower out of storage and did the lawn today. Seems to be working as well as ever. Our neighbors think we use it because we are green, but the truth is we are just cheap. I also sprayed the weeds that are bursting out of every crack in the drive way (see, not so green). And I think I ought to put baby veggies and flowers outside for a few hours to start acclimating because the final transplant into real world is coming up this week!

2 comments:

Steph Stanger said...

that is all good to do on a beautiful day like today! BUT don't you dare give up on your painting!!! You grapes and pears are awesome and you need to finish it! Remember your "The Artist's Way" thoughts... quanity over quality! The quality is great by the way! Don't quit!

janettsue said...

I love seeing the growing things and I love seeing your art work.
Miss You!