Tuesday, May 19, 2009

So Much to Do!

It's Tuesday already, the last day before we leave for NC! I have a very long list to work through by the end of the day. At least the laundry is done. We found a laundromat just down the street and when we pulled into the parking lot we could see through the glass front that it was completely empty. Score, I thought. But once we got in there we realized why it might not be the most popular place in town. No bathroom, no sink (which really sucks when your detergent bottle leaks all over one of your baskets), and a Chinese restaurant next door filling the place with the smell of old grease. All the clothes came out of the dryer smelling like fried rice. It was cheaper than we expected though, and I got in some good reading time.

Dad is going to give us a ride to the airport tomorrow around lunch time and Mom has promised to feed the cats and water the plants so that is all squared away. Today I need to do a bunch of yard work, clean the house (I hate coming home to an untidy house), figure out how I'm going to fit all of our stuff into one suitcase so we don't have to pay an extra checked bag fee, put together a good vacation playlist on my nano, research hotels for the return trip, and set my Etsy account to vacation mode. Ok, time to get on it! I won't be blogging for a while but I will try to update my twitter from time to time.



Lake Gaston, NC



2 comments:

Steph Stanger said...

Kimbo, so sad I don't get to see you before you go! But really excited for you! AND a road trip for the way home is like one of your favorite things! I hope you guys have such a great time. Mark and I love and appreciate you both so much. Thanks for bringing us our grocceries yesterday! HUGS!!! Go a round on the jet skis for Mark and I!

janettsue said...

Have a wonderful time!