Monday, July 13, 2009

Post-Trip, etc.

I don't know how to follow up a week like last week! Michigan was amazing - Calvin College, the Hyatt Place, the Frederick Meijer Gardens, South Haven - all perfect. Not counting our honeymoon, it may be my favorite trip we've taken together. Grand Rapids was fun because I got to visit old familiar hang outs and show them to Ross, and South Haven is where Ross and I got engaged and holds a special place in our hearts. As we sat on the beach, hair tossed by the lake breezes and toes buried in the sand, we swore that if we can we will come back before the summer is over, even if it is only for a day!

While I may not have any beaches to look forward to this week, I do have Harry Potter. We're going tomorrow at midnight with the Stangers. I don't do movie theaters much anymore, let alone midnight showings, but this is Harry Potter! Sixth out of seven - the end of an era approaches! I'm feeling nostalgic already!

After about a year of listening to NPR almost constantly I'm finally returning to music. I guess every summer needs a soundtrack. Josh Garrels, Feist and Andrew Bird are my favorites at the moment and I think "Leisure Suite" by Feist will always remind me of our room at the Hyatt Place on this recent trip.

In further randomness, here is a picture from my porch. I picked up a bench in somebody's trash a couple of weeks ago, washed it down with bleach, threw a blanket over it, and now it's the cats favorite piece of furniture.

Plant pictures coming soon!

1 comment:

Andy said...

Lucky kitties.