Friday, July 22, 2011

Photography Links: The Mysterious 'P' and Tilt-Shift

Mac World has an informative article that has taught me yet another bit of information about my camera that I might have known, had I bothered to read the manual. It explains what the P on the dslr's dial stands for and what it can do. I didn't even know there was a P. I actually got up and checked because I didn't believe it. I am very grateful to the men and women who have sacrificed their time to read the manual and explain it to the rest of us idiots.

Speaking of photography, there is a trick called tilt-shift (it makes normal sized things look miniature) that is kind of hot right now and it is pretty much the star of this local car dealership commercial. It happens to be one of Remy's favorite things ever so I am posting it below.



Here is a lovely example of tilt-shift from Miguel Yatco at his blog Living in the Stills.


Reminds me of the wonder I always feel when seeing the Thorne Miniature Rooms at the Art Institute.
Miniature of a Virginia dining room as it may have appeared in 1752, by Mrs. James Ward Thorne.

No comments: