Tuesday, August 14, 2012

House Thoughts

We still haven't received word on the house. Originally we were told that since we were making an offer at the bank approved price we might reasonably expect to hear back pretty quickly. But now that it has been three weeks our agent is advising us to brace ourselves for a 30-45 day wait. And, of course, many short sales take even longer than that. I am really struggling with my emotions over this. Basically, I am trying NOT to fall in love with this house, and at the same time, loving the feeling of falling in love with this house.

Our apartment here is the nicest place I've ever lived. Three bedrooms, attached garage, two full bathrooms, a dishwasher, a laundry room off the kitchen, a balcony with a view. I feel so fortunate. When we first  moved here I felt like I was living in a vacation condo! It was hard for me to imagine we would ever find a house nicer than our apartment. But, amazingly, we did and I am a totally ga-ga for it.

I love the idea of a soaking tub with a view of the mountains, I love the idea of snuggling up next to the fire on Christmas Eve, I love the idea of a separate guest room and bathroom for friends and family who come to see us, relaxing in the hot tub with Ross at the end of the day, and teaching Remy to swim in the pool! I love the idea of having my own garden to take care of, my own walls to paint, even my own pool to clean. And I guess I can admit to y'all - buying new furniture! Dining room chairs and living room furniture, stuff that we don't have right now.

Anyway, it's all so fun to imagine, how could I not get emotionally attached?

The biggest disappointment about not having an answer yet is that it makes it less likely we will be all moved in before the Stangers get here in October. I was so looking forward to them helping us break in a new house!



No comments: