Sunday, August 26, 2012

What's Up

Today is Sunday and we have a big week coming up. Here's the rundown.
  • Tuesday Remy goes in to have blood drawn for a bunch of tests - lead, iron, allergies, and chromosomal testing being the most important. Ross is going to take him with me because I am nervous about keeping him still for the needle. He hasn't had blood drawn since that heel thing they did when he was a newborn. We also need to get the genetic testing. There is a two year wait list in Las Vegas but she said that insurance will probably allow us to go out of network, UCLA probably, we have to wait and see.  
  • Wednesday we meet Remy's new ABA therapist. She is going to be a big part of our lives, coming 6 hours a week (as soon as we can work out the rest of the scheduling details), so I hope that she and Remy are a good match.
  • Thursday I go to see the counselor I have been seeing for a few months for my anxiety. I only go to see him once a month and it is hard to tell if I am any less anxious but he gives good advice and I can probably credit the counselor for how much more involved Ross is with Remy during the week.
  • Friday is Remy's current lady comes for the last time. I am not looking forward to saying goodbye. I get really sad when I think about it. She has been such a blessing to both Remy and me during what was a confusing, daunting period of our lives.  I don't know how I can possibly thank her enough.  
  • By the end of the week, according to our real estate agent, we should have an approval on our short-sale and a closing date set for sometime in September. KNOCK ON WOOD! Ross and I drove over to look at the house yesterday. It is such a nice, quiet neighborhood. It is a gated community and the house is just a few doors down from a cul-de-sac so there is very little traffic. I also love that the backyard, which is walled in, is up against a street, instead of another yard. Even though the back yard is on the small side, being able to see the sky, instead of the back of a neighbors house, makes it feel bigger.  

Finally, in case you are interested, here are the two most interesting autism articles of the week:
  • An Immune Disorder at the Root of Autism
  • Father's Age is Linked to Risk of Autism and Schizophrenia
  • No comments: