Monday, August 20, 2012

My Chicken!

Sunday nights is when the parents come over for dinner and this week I decided to try something new. I saw it on the Pioneer Woman's blog and it looked so easy. It was her recipe for roast chicken. And maybe it is easy, for people who have handled a full sized dead chicken before! What I learned is that dead chickens are heavy, slippery, sharp on the inside where you have to dig out sad little bird organs, and that when they are cold straight out of the fridge you can "pat dry" to your hearts content and a butter still will not stick. (To all you people who do turkeys at Thanksgiving every year, you are amazing!) But it all worked out in the end! In fact, it may have been one of the yummiest things I have ever cooked.  And next time, maybe it will seem a little easier.

 
That's rosemary from my own balcony-garden!

Ree Drumond, beholding my magnificent roast chicken and smiling. 

No comments: