Friday, May 20, 2005

"Diary of Willow Creek" by an Anglican Priest

I was surprised when I first heard that 50% of Europeans who attend WCA conferences are from Mainline denominations (as opposed to Evangelical). Many of the Americans from the Mainline denominations appear hostile toward Megachurches, so I wondered who these European attenders are and how they view Megachurches.

Recently I discovered this article which helped me get to know at least one of them a little better. Her name is Janet Chapman and she is a priest in the Anglican church. The article is a kind of travel log of her trip to the Leadership Summit in '04. It's charming and well written with some very astute observations and I've linked to it below.


Diary of Willow Creek.

2 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

Informative article.

Visited Willow several times in 1991 and 1992 when I went to college in the north suburbs for a year.

Samples book on contrarian leadership is pure genius.

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

Hi again!

What school did you go to?

Samples book does sound very interesting, especially the stuff about gray thought. I feel like my entire adult-hood has been spent trying to un-learn black and white thinking.

Not sure how I feel about the Super Texts idea though. I can't help thinking back to college and the professors who had spent the last thirty years of their lives reading "super texts" and were no more likely to be good leaders and sensitive people than the genre-reading mere-mortals I worked summers at the book store with.