Monday, March 23, 2009

Overcast Monday

It's an overcast day, but the markets are up, my Forget-Me-Nots are sprouting, and I have a giant diet coke next to me, so I wouldn't call it a gloomy day.

Things are pretty much holding steady here. Still looking for work, still resisting the idea of moving. Last week we celebrated our wedding anniversary and Ross's 29th birthday.

Our first year of marriage! People often say that the first year of marriage is the hardest. It was a hard year, but not in any of the ways that I expected. It was the the constant stream of curve balls that made this year difficult, even heart breaking at times. The marriage, on the other hand, was the easy part; the steady, warm, securing part. We had our disagreements - we're both opinionated people - but for me, Ross is the antidote to tension, and the more I know him the more peaceful I feel. I hope that our second year of marriage will be less fraught with unexpected obstacles - but whatever is in store for us, as long as we have each other, I will consider us way ahead of the game.

The gardening is going well. The bell peppers, banana peppers and the hot peppers are sprouting, as well as those forget-me-nots that I mentioned above. I'm particularly happy about those guys because I had run out of seed starters and had to plant them in an old cetaphil jar in regular potting soil, and wasn't holding out a lot of hope. The lavender and impatiens that came up earlier and growing like gang busters and I'm a little worried that they are going to out grow their container before the weather is good enough to move them outdoors! We'll see!

2 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

Impressive. I am trying one of those jiffy greenhouses for plant starts. I will let you know how it works.

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

Cool! I think they are pretty awesome! All of the seeds I have sown in them have come up earlier than expected. And I love that they come with lids because otherwise the cats would be all over my little seedlings :)