Thursday, March 05, 2009

A Taste of Spring!

It is a beautiful day out! I have the door to the porch standing wide open and the cats are out there with their faces pressed to the screen in awe.

In the soap opera that is my mouth, things have simmered down a bit. My Vicodin has run out, and this time I don't feel like I need a re-fill. I still can't chew on that side of my mouth, but I can breath and talk without having to worry, and when my jaw starts hurting I can take muscle relaxants and that seems to really help. (I do miss the lovely Vicodin though, it gave me a much appreciated vacation from the stupid fibromyalgia.)

The XBox is back from repair! Our entertainment budget is zip at the moment, so we need our XBox. Now we can watch DVDs or play PuzzleQuest to our hearts content. If we can't buy the new U2 album, at least we can stream the music we already do have through the mighty XBox once again.

I've been thinking a lot about flowers lately. Last fall I planted a lilac bush, tulips, and daffodils in the front yard and I can't wait to see if they bloom this Spring. Ross's parents have the most amazing garden and I would love to create something with even a fraction of that beauty in our own yard. If we're still strapped for cash we won't be able to do much but I think that at the very least we should plant a vegetable garden because that would pay for itself. I would love to grow our own squash, tomatoes, and bell peppers.

Ok, I've got to go convince Ross to go out in this wonderful weather with me and maybe scope out a good place in the back yard for a veggie garden! Hope everyone has an awesome day!

No comments: