Easy apple dessert for lazy people with limited skills.
Ingredients for the first part (apple part):
- 6 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (about 5 or 6 apples.)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Ingredients for second part (topping):
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed bown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup oats (optional)
Bake at 375 F for 40 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 20 minutes until apples tender and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Crispy on top, warm and gooey on the inside, Ross and I love this stuff! We've made it three times this month! Added bonus, it makes your house smell better than any scented candle ever could :P