Saturday, June 11, 2005

Distinguished Cat Painting

This was an experiment - I was trying to mix acrylic glazes with the more heavy handed approach. The results are a little schizo (and I'm not even talking about the horrid puke colored couch.) The cat was pretty sexy though so I thought I'd post it.



Right now I'm working on a couple of GIANT cats. When I took my paintings in for the Arts Conference exhibit I noticed my paintings were the punniest so I went out and bought two 24"x16" canvases. I've got one pretty much finised and I like it a lot. Working on a large canvas isn't as hard as I thought it would be. The second one is coming a long nicely...I've got the background in (I'll touch it up when the cat is done) and I'm currently working on the shadow areas of the cat.

2 comments:

Crystal Starr said...

You're right that is one sexxxxy cat. Speaking of sexy cats, all last week Pippy was meowing like crazy! She sounded like she was crying and she was SO loud. We had never heard her meow before in the year that we have had her. I thought it might have been because she was looking for her own sexy cat, if you catch my drift?

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

Ug, I know what that is like! (I mean living with a cat in heat.)