Wednesday, June 22, 2005

GIANT Cats

My inferiority complex was aggravated recently when I saw all the giant paintings at the Art Conference exhibit. So I went out and bought a couple of big, cheap stretched canvases.

Below are the fruits of my labor (so far.)


People don't get this one. They (not just Steph this time) say "nice cat, but what's the black stuff?" I call it a couch. That thing behind the cat is a newspaper, leaning up against the back of the couch.




This one is not done. It may never get done because every time I go to work on the eyes freak me out and I have to go hide. That thing he is sitting on is a tree limb in progress. I've actually made it look more bark-y since I took this photo. I've also closed the gap between the cat's right side and the background.

(ps For those of you wondering "who is that handsome black man, smiling at me over the cats head?" That's Harvey Carey. Maybe I should hide him somewhere in all my posts in order to subliminally lift your spirits!)

5 comments:

Crystal Starr said...

Kim, I really, really like the picture of the cat on the couch. It is stunning.

Crystal Starr said...

I am going to take a picture of Pippy sleeping on Emily and I would love for you to draw that for her!

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

I'd love to!

Steph Stanger said...

Kim I really like both these painting, however the one on the mystery couch is my favorite!

seegeepee said...

I am going to take a picture of Noah sleeping on Lauren and I would love for you to draw that for her!