Sunday, July 17, 2005

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

I finished Harry Potter last night and I still haven't recovered!

I'm a gal who has read a few mystery novels in my time...I pride myself on being able to pick out a red herring when I see one...but I was blind-sighted by JK Rowling! Seriously, practically fell out of bed! (Some of you will undoubtedly figure it out - the clues are there - but I missed it.)

The killer ending isn't the only thing great about this book! Great character develpment, great pacing, and mystery upon mystery.

Luckily, a few questions are answered. The book does answer:
  1. "who is the half-blood prince?"
  2. "what is Voldemort's secret weapon?"
  3. "what was Voldemort up to before Harry entered the scene?"
  4. "who is gettin' some?"

The answers to these questions are rarely what you expect!

Book III is still my favorite (and I don't see how any ending can compare with that insane ending!) but this book, though the least funny, is definately better written and more satisfying than IV and V. Thumbs up!

3 comments:

Crystal Starr said...

I can't believe you read that in one day. That is so insane.

Insane in the membrane, insane got no brain...sorry that song just popped into my head. It had nothing to do with you!

Anyway I still didn't get the book. I can't even get through reading the summaries (that are maybe 5 - 10 paragraphs long) for books 4 and 5.

Scott said...

Right, so did Harry die?

Steph Stanger said...

ummm...no, Harry doesn't die. There is a book 7 you know? Then maybe Harry will die (because thats the last book) but I highly doubt it!

Oh and you can totally do it Crystal, its worth it! Read on!

If I can do it with my nuts schedule and lack of literacy skills then you can do it for sure! I know you would enjoy the books!