Saturday, July 23, 2005

Work In Progress

I did a painting for an animal shelter's charity auction about a month ago and a wonderful woman emailed me to ask about my art. We've been emailing back and forth and she has sent me some photos of her big yellow cat, Oscar. This is a ink-watercolor-acrylic sketch I did to show her my idea for a painting. Even though the paint is not all black and white, the purpose of the sketch was a value study, and gray scale makes it easier to study value.

I don't like the giant house plant devouring Oscar, so I plan on trimming that down a little. Any other suggestions on composition are welcome!

ps Unless you're going to recommend I take out the cow, because I love the cow!

3 comments:

Scott said...

I like the cow.

Steph Stanger said...

Kim, I can't wait to see this painting, even if she decides not to have you do it for her, I think you should paint it for yourself...its really cute. I kinda like the big plant.

Kimberly Cangelosi said...

Thanks guys!